02 February 2012

Kiwi's Nocturne in Beneath the Southern Sky exhibit


What an exciting week! My 40cm by 100cm work called Kiwi's Nocturne: Stargazing through the Veil was accepted into a juried exhibition called Beneath the Southern Sky that will be visiting at least 8 shows/galleries/conventions. Do have a look at the Facebook page for the exhibit for the teaser pictures. The online gallery is coming soon.
I also managed to finish my mother-in-law's quilt (in the picture here) and get that in the mail. It is called Springtime.
Meanwhile, in class I've been busy on the background and stenciling for the next assignments (this time I'm working a Hawaiian theme). I've been stenciling using huge freezer-paper cut in the style of Hawaiian applique quilts. The studio smells like paint sticks.
By the by, I've been using Fuziboo lately (fusible cotton and bamboo batting) and I have had good results.

No comments: